Physical Therapist Assistant
- Applicant must submit a High School Diploma (or equivalent in their country of origin) or GED.
- Applicant must be 18 yrs of age.
- Applicant must score at the 11.0 level in mathematics, language and reading on the TABE Test. (Students with AA or higher degree of education are exempt)
- Applicant must submit official school transcripts documenting any previous academic work, with a minimum GPA of 2.0 average or better on a 4.0 scale, from an educational institution accredited by an agency that is recognized by the US Department of Education. This will include applicants requesting credit for general education courses previously taken at the associate degree level or higher.
- Applicant must submit a college application including a writing sample
- Applicant must successfully complete a personal oral interview with the Program Director and or an administrative representative of the program in order to evaluate the applicant’s ability to communicate satisfactorily as required by the health care delivery system. The interviewer must recommend applicant for admission
- Applicant must submit three letters of recommendation either from a Physical Therapist, Physical Therapist Assistant, previous instructor, or from a current/past employer. Letters must have contact information of person writing recommendation, such as name, signature, phone number and address.
- Applicant must undergo a criminal background check and drug screen.
- Perform and submit proof of 20 observation hours in a Physical Therapy setting