All RN Program applicants who meet entrance requirements are required to participate in a formal oral interview process. The interview is a panel interview with the Program’s Admissions Committee. The purpose of the interview is to evaluate the applicant’s affective skills including communication, professionalism, and attitude. It will also assess the applicant’s knowledge of the profession. The intent is to improve student retention by admitting students who exhibit a good knowledge base of the profession and key characteristics vital to success in the field of physical therapy. All students will receive the same questions and will be scored based upon the content of their responses. Questions will include the following content:
- The applicant’s general knowledge of the profession of Registered Nurse including work settings, challenges of the profession.
- The applicant’s understanding of the roles of the Registered Nurse and their professional relationships.
- The applicant’s rationale for the selection of Registered Nurse as their profession of choice.
- The applicant’s knowledge of the RN Program’s curriculum and requirements associated with clinical and didactic experiences.
- Other areas related to the professional and to the applicant’s personal successes and challenges.
Applicants who are selected for the interview process should review information available in the Prospective Student Informational Packet available on the SABER College website www.sabercollege.edu .