Cares Act Section 18004(a) (1)
45 Day Report on ED-GRANTS-042120-004 Institutional Portion as of 12-21-2020
- SABER College acknowledges that it sent the Certification Agreement of 4-22-2020
- SABER College will spend the institutional portion in expenses related to providing assistance to the students affected by the Covid 19 Virus.
- Funds requested by the School for the Institutional Portion of the Grant in the amount of $191,383.00 were received on 5/13/2020.
- The School has significantly increased the staff available to help the student’s transition into distance learning and has provided the equipment necessary for the transition.
- Expanded connectivity and training has been provided to the designated staff to be able to deliver said services to the affected students.
- The Total amount of Emergency Financial Aid Grants expenditures to day is $191,383.00 which is the entire Grant Amount.
45 Day Report on ED-GRANTS-041020-003 as of 12-21-2020 Student Portion
- SABER College acknowledges that it sent the Certification and Agreement on 4-13-2020. SABER College intends to use no less than 50% of the funds received under Section 18004(a) (1) of the CARES Act to provide Emergency Financial Aid Grants to our students.
- Funds were received by the School for the Student Portion of the Grant was $191,384.00 on April 29, 2020.
- Total amount of Emergency Financial Aid Grants distributed to students under Section 18004(a)(1)as of 5/13/2020 is $42,500.00
- Number of students eligible to participate in programs under Section 484 in Title IV of the Higher Education Act of 1965 and thus eligible to receive Emergency Financial Aid Grants to students under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act is 38.
- Number of students who have received an Emergency Financial Aid Grant under Emergency Financial Aid Grant to students under Section 18004(a) (1) is 38.
- The school identified 21 students eligible to receive the grant as of 3-12-2020. Students submitted Letters explaining how they had been affected by COVID-19 and requested from the school that they be considered for the Grant. SABER College created a Policy as to how the grants were to be given to the eligible students. Eligible students that were attending school on March 12, 2020 received a total of $2,500 for the fourth semester. The fifth semester they were evaluated again since still eligible, receive an additional $3,700.
- The new cohort has received $1,000 for the semester
- A disbursement of additional $3,100 was in November to the cohort of 6-15-2020
- Total disbursements to students to date $191,500.00
- The additional $116.00 were taken from the Institutional part of the Grant
Report on ED-GRANTS-043020-005 as of 12-21-2020
- SABER College acknowledges that it sent the Certification and Agreement on 7-20-2020. SABER College intends to use funds received under Section 18004(a) (3) of the CARES Act to provide enhancement to the distance learning component of the School.
- The Budget was submitted to HEERF on 8-27-2020 and again on 9-11-2020.
- Funds were received by the School on September 22, 2020 in the amount of $117,233.00
- SABER has spent to date $ 74,058.00 in the purchase of enhanced distance learning technology.